Wednesday, December 7, 2011

'Tis the Season

I guess this is the time of year when I read the least.  I'm busy, like everyone else.  Holiday parties, shopping and my personal favorite...baking!  So that being said I haven't finished a book in a while.  Sure I've done some looking, checked out a few online but I haven't actually finished one.  I guess that doesn't mean I can't write about something.

I love books in a series.  I get very attached to the characters.  I love an author that really makes you identify and fall in love with the characters of a book.  Books that are in a series give the reader an opportunity to really get to know the main character.  In fact if a book is a stand alone novel I usually get very sad at the end.  It's like saying goodbye to a dear friend!

Right now I am listening to book number 12 of the Harry Bosch series.  Harry Bosch books are written by Michael Connelly.  Connelly also wrote "The Lincoln Lawyer", which was just made into a movie.  Harry Bosch is an LAPD detective.  The books are your basic mysteries where Harry tracks down the killer and saves the day.  Harry is flawed like any good detective in a book.  Over the course of the books the reader really gets to know him.  He's on a mission in life, to be a voice for murder victims and hunt their killers.  I like him and listening to him brings it to a whole new level.  This particular author includes some jazz music on his audio tracks too.  It's very Harry.  If you like mystery novels I would give Michael Connelly a try.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment