Monday, September 12, 2011

Brand New

I've been kicking around the idea of a blog for a while now.  I was truly inspired recently when a family member started a blog of her own.  She loves movies and I love books.  Well, in all fairness she loves books too, but right now she is forced to love college text books the most.  I am mostly a reader of fiction: mysteries, thrillers and romance.  However, in recent years I've started to branch out.  Thank you Twilight for opening my mind to the other genres.  I've read several science fiction books now and even some historical fiction. 

I'm not sure what direction this blog will take.  My general idea is to talk about the book I'm currently reading.  Give some kind of feedback and maybe make a recommendation about if you should read the book or not.  I'm not big on getting in depth or theorizing about plots and characters.  I view reading as fun, a means of escape from real life.  I love to throw myself into the world of another and forget about the real world for a while.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment