Sunday, September 18, 2011

There was no point

I have finished reading "Girls in White Dresses" by Jennifer Close.  My final conclusion is that there is no point to this book.  In the end all the girls are still pretty miserable in New York City and dating questionable men.  A couple of them improve their situations but none of them live happily ever after.  The main character was left undefined.  The story focused mainly a group of 3 or 4 women but had a lot of secondary characters too.  For a brief moment a secondary character would have her own chapter and then I would be left wondering what happened to her. 

In all fairness to the author she did keep me reading.  Her writing was very good and I enjoyed the way she described scenes or people.  However, I would not recommend reading this book.  It boils down to a lot of girls drinking too much and sleeping around.

 Stay tuned....my next book "The Last Letter from Your Lover" by Jojo Moyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment